Whether one has a new or existing home, just changing window treatments like blinds can change to look of space, The Blinds Gallery notes. Plantation shutters are quite a popular choice with many homeowners in Perth.
10 reasons for getting plantation shutters
- Looks: Plantation shutters look good and are available in various finishes. Wood blinds are a popular choice as they can be painted or stained in colors to suit the rest of a home’s décor.
- Safety: These shutters are a better option in homes with young children as there are no dangling cords or strings. Children can get seriously hurt by pulling on cords.
- Durable: These blinds are very durable and last a long time. They are a worthwhile investment.
- Energy savers: These shutters also provide great insulation by keeping a home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Furniture savers: UV rays cause a lot of damage to furniture and rugs. Colors fade and furniture can get warped due to excessive humidity. Installing shutters can help a homeowner control the amount of light and heat in any space.
- Privacy: The beauty of plantation shutters is that slats can be angled to let light in and people inside a room look out. Depending on the way the slats are angled, passersby cannot look into a house.
- Ventilation: Plantation shutters can also be used with window meshes to provide maximum air circulation. Slats are fixed so they don’t rattle in a breeze.
- Value: These shutters look attractive with any kind of décor and look luxurious too. If a homeowner decides to sell, he can be assured of getting a very good price.
- Dividers: There are quite a few ways to use plantation shutters other than on windows. These can be used as room dividers, cabinet doors etc.
- Easy to maintain: Because of their design, they are very low maintenance. An occasional wipe down with a damp cloth will keep them looking good for years.